So many things to do and so little time!!! Well…not that little I hope 😛
Here are seven things I-just-have-to-have-to-do from my bucket list in no particular order:
1. Learn how to belly dance. When I was sixteen, my parents and I went to Istanbul on a holiday and on one of those evenings organized by the tour people, we went to a restaurant where there was live entertainment. One of the acts was a belly dancer. I remember that she wore a blue outfit and I was fascinated by how that woman could move her hips…one hell of a sexy dance form and I so want to learn it! One day I will find an instructor and I will be able to call myself a belly dancer… 😉
2. Learn how to play the violin. My parents ensured that my brother and I learnt how to play musical instruments as children and I can still play the organ a little bit. But, I always wanted to learn how to play the violin. I think the urge got stronger after I listened to a couple of Vanessa Mae songs…man could that girl play! But unfortunately, I grew up in a very small city where the only person we knew who played the violin was the priest in the church we went to and I doubt he would have taken music classes 😛 So, one day, before my fingers get all stiff, I hope to learn how to play.
3. Learn to speak Mandarin. Yes…I know…it’s awfully challenging…but, I really want to learn how to speak it. I want to be able to visit China and be able to converse with the locals. Perhaps one day I’ll find a teacher…
4. Visit Venice and ride in a gondola. Venice has the most romantic appeal to me. When I was in my teens, I pictured going there on my honeymoon and listening to a deep voiced boatman sing romantic songs while my man and I lay in our gondola. Sadly, I didn’t get to go for my honeymoon, but I WILL visit someday…sooner rather than later because global warming will probably cause the waters to rise and ruin the city soon…sigh…
5. Go to the opera. Okay…so this is not such a hard one to do…except there are no opera houses in Bangalore! But, I really want to see what all the hype is about.
6. Get 1,000+ followers on my blog. I started this blog almost two years ago at the insistence of a friend (one of those great kinds that always believes in you and encourages you) with two subscribers. My readership has slowly been growing since and each new follow I receive is like a ray of sunshine in my heart. (Thank you to everyone who is following me…you don’t know how encouraged I feel!) My hope is to one day have more than a 1,000 followers…WOW! What a high that would be! 🙂
7. Write a book that people other than my family will want to read. I like to believe that deep down inside I’m a writer and the dream is to one day write a story so beautiful that my books fly off the shelves and people love what they read. That’s the dream…
What’s on your bucket list?
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013.